The Parish of Sculcoates, records



Admin History:
The parish of Sculcoates covered the area north of Hull and south of Cottingham. The first mention of a church in the area was in 1232. It was to remain a separate and distinct parish until 1837 when it was absorbed into the newly extended borough of Hull. The Sculcoates Poor Law Union was established in 1837 and in 1930 also became part of Hull. St Paul's Parish was created as chancery of Sculcoates in 1844

Overseers of the poor: rate books 1832-1835, 1841, 1846, 1850 (4 vols); valuation lists 1906-1929 (116 vols); salaries book 1869-1924 (1 vol); deeds of one property purchased 1885-1886 (1 bundle); plans, contracts etc. as to the erection of parochial offices (1 bundle) list in progress Surveyors of the Highways: minutes and accounts 1786-1793; rate books 1786-1819 (4 vols); lease 1913 (1 bundle)

Highways Board: minutes Apr. 1844-July 1846 (1 vol); correspondence; draft minutes; reports and administrative papers 1848-1851 (2 bundles); ledger 1845-1850 (1 vol); bank books 1844-1852 (2 vols); cash books (2 vols); wages books 1845-1847, 1849-51 (3 vols); vouchers 1844-1852 (8 bundles); bills of time and materials 1844-1845 (1 bundle)